Surge Creative Team
And for Part Two of our “Meet The Surge Team” series, here are five things you didn’t know about our Surge Creative Team
- My work day is usually spent with a 165lb St Bernard named Ruger sitting under my desk. He makes my heart happy. And my feet warm.
- If I don’t do something creative every day, I get cranky. And the more days I go without a creative outlet, the more crabby I get. This is one of the reasons I love working at Surge; I can’t think of a better creative outlet.
- I’m married to my high school sweetheart. After 20+ years, he’s still my best friend and he makes me laugh every day. My sister takes the cake for making me laugh the hardest, though.
- I’m a hockey mom. I love hockey, but more than that, I love watching my kid play hockey. And I can’t just watch, I love the sound of hockey. Skates on the ice is one of my absolute favorite sounds.
- I like to travel, but haven’t been many places (yet!). Some of my favorite adventures so far include: horseback riding down the middle of the Rio Grande in New Mexico; whale watching in Maine; a trip to New Orleans that included several nights on Bourbon Street, beignets at Cafe du Monde, and an air boat tour where we fed marshmallows to humongous alligators. Next trip? Spending my 40th in Vegas.
- My family and I just moved from The Cities to Duluth at the end of the summer. I feel like we should have always lived here. We all love it here.
- I like to make things, which makes graphic design a good career choice for me. In my free time, I knit, sew, quilt, cross stitch, embroider, decorate cakes, draw and paint.
- I took seven semesters of ceramics in college and my family and I currently eat off dishes I made.
- My husband and I hiked across the Grand Canyon in June with four other couples. It was indescribable, both in difficulty and beauty.
- I still get excited/emotional about parades, fireworks, Christmas lights, balloons, Disney World and the National Anthem.
Follow us on Instagram to see where we’ll pop up next.